www.swedauk.org

Somerset and Wessex Eating Disorders Association Forums
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:47 pm 

feel like a total non-person that isn't allowed support, just creates drama and upset-feeels like the world just goes on around me and I am invisible. Want to be invisible and disappear. Feel soooo tired, unworthy, unwanted, unheard, feel like a non-person-I might as well have disappeared already. Don't think anyone would notice !glum! !hangdog!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:55 pm 

Hi,
That's not true at all. You're not a 'non-person', nobody is that.
Try to keep some perspective, I know it's hard but you are so much more than one ED group and what someone there has said or may think about you. Try to keep holding your head up high- you've survived without them this year so far after all. Do not let this incident keep pulling you down. It's meant to be a support group and the effect seems to have been the opposite for you- unfortunate and definitely unprofessional etc but I guess the point is to try to limit the damage now. If it's unlikely to be helpful to you again because of all that's happemed then make a decision and do not go back- find something better for yourself.

I'm feeling rather exhausted myself tonight.

I hope you can calm yourself down and move forwards and have a better weekend.

Take care,

Elly
x

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:41 pm 

Sweetheart, you are always in my thoughts and I'm always thinking and hoping for you. I don't really have many words at the moment, life is a minute at a time. But i am always full of hugs to give out to the special people who deserve them ;-) and you are one of them. Please keep writing and venting here - if only for me to read if not for you if you don't feel you deserve support right now. But you do hun! You really really do!
Tonight I really want you to try and imagine going for a country walk in your favourite type of area. Maybe woodland,, a beach or a national trust place you love :) calming, peaceful, and tranquil :)
All my love poppet xxxxxxxxxxxx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:19 pm 
Site Admin

I'm sorry that you're having such a tough time right now. As others have said, the things you're feeling about yourself aren't true but I can understand that you're feeling them after all the crap you've had to put up with recently whilst being in a pretty vulnerable state.

You shouldn't have had to go through what you did, unfortuntely it happened and I can understand that you've taken onboard some of the abuse thrown your way and are starting to believe some of some of the accusations and negative comments (and I think that we're particularly prone to this when we're struggling and might already have low self-esteem). The thing is, it can work in the opposite direction and even when we're really down on ourselves we can slowly start to take onboard the positive, honest things that people say about us too; eventually we might even be able to accept them and see them in ourselves!

I imagine that letting go of all that's happened recently and some of the associated 'baggage' is going to be a slow process but do try and focus on the people around you who are genuinely supportive of you and making a difference (I remember you mentioning that you get on well with your new doctor and CPN). Try and take onboard their work with you and also the the thoughts and feelings of people here who are grateful for you input and support and genuinely like you and wish you well! Try and begin to sideline all that nonsense from elsewhere if you can. Recovery is a slow process and part of that is about starting to like/love ourselves and be confident enough to know how (and who) we really are when others are being unkind, and comfortable enough to accept the compliments from those that matter.

I do hope that you're able to feel a bit more of a real person soon and recognise that you do deserve all the help and support you can get - and don't let the unkindness of a few others keep you from that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:41 am 

Hi Sweetheart,
How are you doing this week? How are you feeling about everything? Did your exams go okay and have you settled into your new flat?
Big hugs, keep strongxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:18 am 

Sweetie, how are you? I'm thinking of you and really hope you are okay xxxxx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:16 pm 

Suzanne,

So sorry your meeting went badly. It sounds like a really tough day for you.
What do you think is likely to happen next?
Thinking of you and I hope you can look after yourself this evening.
You DO deserve to be around.

Elly
x